The term “product market fit” (PMF) was coined by startup advisor and investor Marc Andreessen (a16z). In his blog post, The Only Thing That Matters, he wrote: “Product/market fit means being in a good market with a product that can satisfy that market.” A company has PMF when it has found a lucrative market for its product. In other words, it has found a way to make money by selling its product to customers who are willing and able to pay for it. To achieve PMF, startups need to validate their business model and find a repeatable and scalable sales process. This usually requires some trial and error as well as feedback from early adopters and customers.
There are four main indicators of product market fit:
- Sustained revenue growth: This is perhaps the most obvious indicator of product market fit. If your company is seeing sustained month-over-month or year-over-year revenue growth, it’s likely that you have found a good match between your products and the market.
- High customer satisfaction: Another key indicator of product market fit is high customer satisfaction. If your customers are happy with your products and keep coming back for more, it’s a good sign that you’ve found a winning combination.
- Low churn rate: A third indicator of product market fit is a low churn rate, meaning that customers are sticking around rather than leaving for competitor products. This indicates that they are satisfied with what you’re offering and don’t see any better alternatives on the market.
- Competitive advantage: The last indicator of product market fit is a competitive advantage, meaning you have a unique product or service offering . This indicates that you have something sought after, something that nobody else has on the market.
Once you have achieved PMF, there are a number of ways to make more sales:
- Increase your marketing efforts. This could include things like advertising, PR, and online marketing.
2. Make it easier for people to buy from you. This could involve offering discounts, free shipping, or making the purchase process simpler.
3. Improve your product or service. If people are happy with what they’re buying, they’re more likely to buy again in the future. 4. Get involved in your community. Getting involved in local events and charities can help you get your name out there and build goodwill among potential customers
Follow these steps to achieve ultimate startup growth!
Feel free to contact me and follow me on LinkedIn.
Strategic Partnerships | AreaHype
iOS – Download
Android – Download
Check out what we do!
Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement.
If some of these technical indicators are new to you, check out the videos tab on the website!
Stay tuned, learn more, ask questions. Become a 6 digit survivor. Check out the live stream.
Join my robinhood team and get a free stock here
Learn about my Indicators here.
Become a member and learn!
I want to point out, I am not a registered investment adviser or broker/dealer. I am a highly profitable options trader who has been successful time after time, and I have changed the lives of many people through the art of trading on the stock market.